We are currently recruiting for a Technical Assistant to work with us in Bakewell. We are an established law firm who specialise in managing the intellectual property needs of mechanical, chemistry, biotech, and electronics related clients.
- Assisting a small team of patent attorneys in providing technical and administrative support which requires an understanding of technical terms in the physical sciences, the work being focused upon the preparation of documents in the legal process of obtaining patents.
- Using an understanding of scientific and technical terms to adapt documents for particular end uses in a legal process.
- To review technical documents and patent documents describing inventions to assist the patent attorneys in identifying particular technical information.
- Summarising descriptions of technical and scientific processes and inventions provided by clients to assist in drafting patent applications.
- A degree in the physical sciences such as a degree in electronics, physics or engineering.
- Will have an active interest in science, technology, engineering and preferably also law.
- Is able to write a technical description clearly and precisely.
- A broad understanding of the physical sciences.
- Attention to detail, particularly in the written word.
- Willing to learn and to deal with a wide variety of science and technology.
If you are interested in this role, or want to find out more about this excellent opportunity, please contact Sarah Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org